Starlite Aviation Under 19 Trophy
The Starlite Aviation Under 19 Trophy launch was hosted by the sponsor at Virginia Airfield on Wednesday evening to continue off the back of a successful, inaugural tournament started in 2010. Durban Collegians will be looking to retain the trophy after beating Harlequins 22-21 in the final last year.
With the aim of the tournament to develop and maintain youth rugby structures at a competition level, five Durban clubs will compete for the Starlite Aviation Under 19 Trophy.
- DURBAN COLLEGIANS
- COLLEGE ROVERS
- OLD BOYS
In order to encourage exciting, running rugby, certain rule implementations have been made; these are:
- Players must be 18 years old
- Must try field THREE (3) schoolboys in the starting 22
- 7 Running reserves (through the touch judge)
- No kicking outside the 22m (free kick if done)
- Point System. Standard points system ...but an additional log point for scoring 6 tries and penalties only count 2 points
- Two top teams play each other in the final
- Provision of marked field with standard game preperations.
- Provision of Match Balls
- Provision of Score Keeper
- Provision of Refreshments after the game
- Hosting of Man of the Match event
- Programme with Sponsorship advertising
About the Sponsor:
Starlight Aviation is a multi-faceted aviation group which offers a range of services on a global basis. Built on a legacy of trust and professionalism, Starlight Aviation Group specialise in a number of areas. Services include relief contract work, oil and gas, passenger and cargo transport, helicopter sales and charter, pilot training and more.
The professional calibre of Starlight's highly-skilled personnel, coupled with its fleet of premier world helicopter brands, ensures that Starlight commands the reputation as a world leader in fast reacting helicopter solutions.